Photography and Design Services
Photography and Design Services
Homes come in all styles and sizes. Experience dictates that a "one price fits all" fee does not serve the business or clients well. Most real estate photography has a short "shelf life", usually only as long as the property stays on the market. Photography fees reflect this fact. The following price list is for real estate listings. Editorial, brochure, commercial or any longer shelf life project fees will need to be determined beforehand. A solid working professional relationship is always the main goal.
Here are some pricing guidelines:
- Single-story house or condominium: $200.
- Additional floors (upper bedroom level, finished basement, finished attic etc): $50 per level.
- Additional site visits for sunset/twilight/clear views etc: $100.
- Large, upscale homes that require additional lighting and time will be charged at a fixed rate of $125 per hour.
- Projects farther away than 30 minutes from the center of Seattle may require an additional travel fee.
- Basically most homes come in at around $250 or so. Large multi level homes with view decks cost more as the image count goes up.
An attractive, informative addition is the creation of floor plan diagrams that accompany each photo. Each room is carefully measured to create a floor plan for each level within the home. Camera positioning arrows then illustrate the camera position and angle of view. This helps give online viewers a real sense of a property's scale and the relationship of one room to another.
- Floor plan creation fee for most homes: $100.
- Large, upscale homes with complicated designs will be charged at a fixed rate of $100 per hour.
Custom websites can be created for real estate professionals, designers, architects, and builders, etc. A custom site can also be created for each listing. Individual listing sites can help market the home and create a favorable impression on the seller. More in depth custom sites can also be built using a Content Management System (CMS). The best procedure for web design services is to have a initial design consultation.
- Unique web design templates.
- Custom web banners.
- Staff portraits.
- Custom image galleries.
- Access to professional services including computer services, domains, creative copy writing, and home staging design.
view a sample website
Home Listing Samples
Sometimes individual home galleries (produced from a single home listing) can tell more about a real estate photographer's skill and approach than a single "highlight" folder comprised from years of work...
Tour ->home samples
Articles & More
When it comes to photographic technique the options are endless, even with professional speciality areas like real estate photography...
- Real Estate Photography 101
High end architectural photography is a meticulous and painfully slow process. Not to mention expensive! Some regard real estate work as architectural photography's poor cousin. Of course there is a sensible middle ground here: professional photography services without breaking the bank...
- The Tripod
The TRIPOD: yes it slows down the work, but there is no more vital piece of equipment in the photographer's kit than the tripod...
- Why Tilt-Shift lenses?
Does your real estate photographer use Tilt-Shift lenses? These fancy optics cost a small fortune. Here is why they are worth every penny...